Kindness & Compassion are the ground in which personal,
public & community wellbeing can flourish.
With the effects of the pandemic, economic uncertainty and the issues raised by Black Lives Matter weighing on us all, there is no better time to come together to share and celebrate the hope that the many acts of kindness, taking place within our city of Leeds in the UK, and the wider world, represent.
On Monday 7th September we will be celebrating the theme of Kinder to Self, we have organised talks about what it means to be kinder to self and organised a series to videos exploring different ways to be kinder to ourselves, from meditation and dance to planting and music. We hope there is something for everyone here.
The range of events on the day include:
- Podcast: What does it mean to be kind to self? 10:00 – 11:00
- Video: The Joy of Dance 12:00 – 12:45
- Music video: ‘All the Best’ performance 13:00
- Audio: Stories, a theatre piece 14:00
- Video: Plants and Wellbeing talk 15:00
- Talk: Introduction to the power of labyrinths 16:00 – 16:30
- Interview: Four ways to lift your spirit 17:00 – 17:45
- A Kind Listening Circle: Exploring kindness to self 19:00 – 20:30
Reserve your virtual seat today, and do check out our ‘Six Ways to a Kinder World’ themes in the full events timetable at kinderleeds.org. Our whole festival week will show how the good people of Leeds are nurturing KINDNESS TO SELF, KINDER RELATIONSHIPS, KINDER BUSINESS, KINDER SPACES, KINDER COMMUNITIES and being KINDER TO OUR PLANET.